Tutorials and Examples
MarchingCube 3D Fourier Contour Electron Density Map Display Software for Windows by Michal Husak
Generating Photorealistically Rendered Fourier 3D Maps using Marching Cubes and Povray
The CCP14 Homepage is at http://www.ccp14.ac.uk
- Generate or open a Crystals, WinGX or Project XD mt1, fou or fou
file and display the 3D Fourier Electron Density Contour Map. In this case, a difference
map from Crystals looking manually for hydrogens.
- Optimise the Layers and the view you wish to achieve
- Select File, Save POVRAY File to save a Poray file ready to render in
- Via Windows Explorer, find the MCE_pov.pov file you have created and double click on it.
This will spawn Povray. The options to set the image size and icon to start Povray rendering
- Set the desired resolution and select the Run icon. Trim the file down in your
favourite image processing package such as Lview, Adobe Photoshop, Paintshop Pro,
Corel Draw, etc.
The following Povray generated image is from the Marching Cubes website.